Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Skin of Our Teeth and Alice In Wonderland

I was the Costume Assistant for these next two shows.

I worked on random hems and pieces of costumes for The Skin of Our Teeth.

Directed by Eunice Ferreira

costumes by Jenna Lourenco.
She had me make the mittens and footsie things out of fur. I also knitted parts of this sweater.
She had me stamp the leaves onto these vinyl dinosaur pants.


For Alice in Wonderland directed by Misti Wills, costumes by Christian Milik, I worked on a lot of the animal heads. Papier-maching and painting them. I cut out many duck feathers, wings, and other pieces of fabric for this show. I spray painted green balls to make the caterpillar's tail. This costumer was very creative and taught me a lot.

I did the Scrabble letters on the Mad Hatter's pants and the Backgammon, which you can't see on the March Hare. I also made the grey wig I am wearing.

No comments: